05/06/2004 - I've begun changing the existing code to Java 1.5 - there isn't a lot of it yet. I decided to use 1.5 because I wanted to use the new generic classes, which are pretty useful. None of the ORBs use 1.5 yet, but that makes no difference. The class files will still be Java 1.4 compatible (I hope).
13/05/2004 - I've started work on the core Wildebeest interfaces. Hopefully a very basic implementation will be finished soon and some very simple modules. I'm intending to use Wildebeest as the platform for a distributed proxy server, to allow community wireless networks to share some of their bandwidth without any obvious overhead. Well, that's the idea anyway.